Sunday, July 27, 2008

Out on my own...

This week on my intership nothing too exciting happened...but I was depended on for some pretty important things which meant a lot to me. It meant that I was now trusted. My designing is dependable and I am good enough to be alone. It was kind of interesting actually because I was sent to the Mirage to do an area by myself because I was the only one who knew what was going on there and how to do the rounds. Although it was a lot of responsibility it enjoyed it....after I got over the nerves of course :) There wasn't a lot to take pictures of that you haven't already seen but I got to do a few arrangements that were challenging and I am pretty proud of.

This is just lilies and curly willow but I think that it is beautiful. I had to change that water daily meaning that I had to redo it each time...the first time wasn't great but by Friday I was a pro.


This one is nothin special but it is something that I did none the less so I thought that I would include it.


This arrangement is what we do for the spa now...instead of the white callas and it is a headache to deal with. Phaleonopsis orchids are one of the prettiest flowers but they are also so so very fragile and don't last very long when they are cut unless they are taken very good care of and even than it doesn't take long for them to die. I also had to change the water daily with this one and make sure to cut the stems eachday. Because of the flimsyness of the stems it is a very intricate process to get them to look like an arrangement and it was definitely a challenge everyday.

And this one was my biggest feat of the week. It has to be one of the hardest arrangements I have ever done although it may not look that way. To make it look that way it does the stems have to be intertwined with one another to keep them from falling out or down too far into the vase. Like the lilie arrangement it didn't look great the first time I tried and it still isn't perfect but I have definitely made progress. :)

Overall it was a great week. I enjoyed the responsibility I was given and I think that I was able to learn alot.

5 comments:

Jensen's said...

I really love all four of the arrangements that you took pictures of this week. I especially love the last two. I've tried to do one like the purple one and never been able to get the angles right and it looks lame. I'm impressed. I'm happy for you that you have earned the trust of the bigwigs. Great job!
Love, Mom

Landon and Dana said...

looks good sissy! i love the one with the fragile while flowers. SO gorgeous. you are doing SO good. love ya

Anonymous said...

Holy Moley! What's not perfect about your arrangements? I LOVE the lilies and the willow... I also love the white long named one... I also loved them all! You get better and better every week. They are amazing. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see how Mark and Ashley's wedding is going to turn out!

Adam Jensen said...

sorry I haven't checked your site for a while. Those arrangements are gorgeous!!! you are so talented! I wish I could have a never ending supply of fresh floral arrangements by Emily everyday :)
ps.I wish I could get married again just so you could do our flowers!

Anonymous said...

Em super duper job your work freakin rocks... You have a sure fire talent cant wait to see you next week! Zak