Sunday, July 20, 2008

Two steps forward...

Just like with any other job....there are definitely good weeks vs bad weeks and good days vs bad days with my internship. This last week was an inbetween week with a mixture of good and bad days. Bad is a little harsh....but a few of the days definitely left something to be desired. This week I was in the room most of the time which usually equals complete and udder boredom....but that didn't seem to be the case this week. 2 out of the 5 days I went on rounds as usual (no pictures included because there was nothing new or exciting designed) and the other 3 days I was left in the room to help in retail...and the best part was that 2 out of the 3 days I was actually able to help...YAHOO! Which leads me to the pictures below. This week I got to design and the best part was that I got to design m0re than dozen after dozen roses!

This arrangment was an actual order. It is one of the largest arrangements I have ever done...worth $150. It was so much fun :)



This is one of my favorites! Sometimes the creative juices really get going and you end up with something that you really love and this is one of those pieces. There really isn't enything special about is but I just like it :)


Overall none of the designing was anything spectacular but it felt great to be trusted enough to be allowed to design for customers. They always say that trial and error is the best way to learn and that definitely rings true with floral design. Although it can be very intimidating you just have to step out on a limb and give it a shot....and you are often surprised by what you can do. I know I was and I sure had fun with the creative freedom I was given! At the end of the week I am still just the intern but I definitely feel like I am slowly but surely making progress...and thats what counts. :)


3 comments:

Landon and Dana said...

those are pretty SWEET sis! i love em! you are doing so awesome! by the way, did you try on a bunch of shirts when you were here and hang them all back up inside out?? Lauren? You are SO grounded! hehehe. love you miss you!

Jensen's said...

Beautiful Em! I can't decide which one I like best.... Pink and purple are always a favorite with me so... but I really like the structure of the red and yellow one. I'd buy any of them. Oh, I keep noticing that the stems in the water still have leaves on them in some of the vases. Is that a new trend? It looks really pretty, but it used to be a no no. Do I have permission from an expert to do it that way?

Anonymous said...

I love your pink and purple one too. Good job Em! I need to take pics of your stuff so you can start a website... you'd be a busy girl back in Rexburg if people saw your stuff. Even though your just an intern, I bet they wish they could keep you!