Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another week gone by....

So these last two weeks or so I have been designing less but still learning a lot. I haven't been in any specific place inparticular, but instead have been jumping around to where ever I am needed that day. I have done everything from Bellagio rounds to retail to functions and even spent my first day helping with a wedding. Although I have been keeping busy, like I said none of the things I have been doing have been my own individual design. The things I have been doing have consisted more of imitating others designs or simply replacing flowers in something that has already been designed but needs up keep. Although designing is what teaches me the most there has still been a lot to learn and it has been great.
This is a simple design that goes in a night club at the Bellagio call Caramel. It is placed new every few days and that was one of the many jobs that I did this week.

This is at the Spa in the Bellagio. They calls these the "Niches" and there are 10 of them as you walk down the beautiful dimly lit hall. Everything in the Spa is kept simple to make sure it doesn't take away from the guests relaxing visit.



The two picutres above are in the Wedding Chapel at the Bellagio. They have two small chapels where people can be married and these are the flowers that are done regularly for them. These, along with some larger designs I don't have picutres of are always there in the chapels. The bride can then chose her flowers and they will be placed in the chapel in addition to these flowers.

This is Terry and Jess...just two of the amazing people I have met during my internship :)



Now these are my favorite. This was what I did during my day in functions. These were the center pieces for the cocktail tables at a slot tournament held at the Bellagio last week. My friend Rose designed them and then I assisted in making 60 of them!!! It took us all day but between about 6 of us we got them done. My job was making the sweet palm trees make out of bamboo, zanadoo leaves and Italian rusckus! Aren't they so cute!? :)


And lastly on Friday I got to help with a huge wedding that we did for the Mirage. It was a shocker to see the amount of money that went into this wedding. For many this won't be relevant but to those who know and understand...they had 30 orchid lays!!!! and that was just a simple detail in the wedding...EXPENSIVE! It was so much fun to be a part of it. This is one of the bridesmaids bouquets that I got to make. It was quite the experience. :)

Over all this week was great. I learned again the great importance of mechanics. Not only is it so important to use good mechanices to make sure this don't fall apart but it is just as important to make sure that your mechanics are properly covered so it is not obvious what you have done. Lesson for the week...with weddings, functions and floral design in general good mechanincs are absolutely essential!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the palm tree arrangement! That is soo cute! Maybe you should steal it someday... I also love the spa thing on the wall. I want that in my house. What are the red flowers? Is it just amazing to see all the places that rich people get to experience? I wish I could see all that stuff... how awesome! You are such a wonderful flower... girl? What do you call yourself?

Jacquie said...

You do such amazing work! How exciting to do something so fun and that you love so much!

Jensen's said...

Hi sweetie pie...all I can say is I'm totally blown away when I look at your creations. You have a very special talent...what a great eye. Keep posting honey! I love u!
Daddd xo