Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A florist dream....

So I am sad to say that I lost my camera charger so I will not be able to post new pictures until I find it. but I have had lots going on so I thought that I should updated regardless.
Things have been going great with the Bellagio. They have been keeping me busy in retail doing basically the same things (dozens, 1/2 dozens, small mixed arrangemants etc.) until today. Today I got to expereince the joy of going on "rounds" and I actually really enjoyed it. Rounds basically consists of going around the hotel(s) and watering arrangements, changing out dead flowers etc. On my first day in rounds I joined the lady who does the rounds for all of the high end resturaunt at the Bellagio from Picaso to Olives. Since I will never be eating at these places that can cost anywhere between $200 and $1000 for two people to dine it was so great to get to see them, they are absolutely beautiful. We also visited Tiffany's and a few other shops around the hotel simply replacing and watering. Overall it was a great experience and I am excited to do it again :)
So as time has passed and I have talked a lot with the designers that I work with I have decided that working for the Bellagio is every designers dream job! Who wouldn't want to go to work everyday and get paid (a lot of money) to play with beautiful flowers. Not only do they get to play with flowers but they don't have to worry for one second about the money that they are wasting when they throw out a flower that isn't perfect. Where as if you own the shop that money comes straight out of your pocket....not to mention the fact that there isn't a carnation or daisy mum in sight. (Nothing against them) But they get to design with nothing but the most beautiful flowers from orchids and cala lilies to every variation of rose you can think of. They have freedom to design as they please for the most part and they have great benefits. When it all boils down I think that it is an amazing job that I wouldn't mind coming back to someday...We'll have to wait and see what a certain someone has to say about planting it in Vegas...:) well thats all for now. Until next time....remember to stop and smell the roses...literally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmy! That all sounds so fun! I wish that there were pretty pictures to go along with it! I can't even imagine what it is like for you right now... it must feel amazing to get to see and experience all this awesome stuff. What a lucky gal you are!

Jensen's said...

Hey Angelpuss...thanx for catching us up on your horti(culture) life. They're lucky to have you. You should take some pics of the people you work with and post'em later on. I miss u...Love, Daddd xo