Sunday, May 18, 2008

Let the fun Begin...

This week has been a bit crazy as I ventured out to start a new chapter in my life. I have been blessed enough to land an amazing internship doing flowers in the Horticulutre department at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. It was with much luck and the right contact information that I got this internship and I consider myself very lucky to have such an opportunity. :)

So after a long but very informative orientation I started work on Friday and I think that it is going to be a wonderful learning experience and a fun summer. During my orientation I learned some fun interesting facts about the resort that we all know...the Bellagio. So I thought I would share a few of them with you....

When did the Bellagio first open?
-October of 1998
How many rooms are in the Bellagio?

-3,421 Deluxe guest rooms and 512 Suites

How many properties does MGM/Mirage own on the Las Vegas Strip?

-10 properties on the strip including Bellagio, Circus Cirus, Luxor, Excalibur, Monte Carlo, Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand, New York New York, The Mirage and Treasure Island.

Here are some pics from my first official day...

Here is the ware house full of flowers for the beautiful conservatory at the Bellagio. If you haven't seen you are missing out :)

This is where I will be working the majority of my internsip. That huge rose arrangment on the right is mine...see picture below.


This was my first arrangent on the job. It was two dozen latin lady roses for a VIP guest at the Bellagio :) I don't know what happened to the bottom of the picture...sad day



This was a dozen rose arrangment that I did in one of the signature vases with a "B" engraved on the front.

And lastly...this was just part of a three part arragement that we made for a banquet at the Mirage. Pretty huh?

I learned a lot in my first day. These are only a few of the arrangements that I did....We will just say that by the end of the day I was pro at dozen rose arragements :) There is lots more to learn about the Bellagio and flowers so I will make sure to keep you posted as I venture on this exciting journey :)

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Gorgeous, awesome, amazing! You are so talented! What a dream job! and you get to live with me! :)

Jensen's said...

Zowie! I'm impressed sweetie pie...thanx for the pics and your new blog! You've got the "touch" with all them posies...
Love, Daddd

Adam Jensen said...

interesting and very cool! What a fun creative job, can't wait to see more stuff!
Rach

Brandi said...

WOW Emily...you are super talented! What an awesome experience you're going to have...FUN!

Gini said...

Wow. Good work Auntie Em! Those are some gorgeous arrangements. I hope you love your internship!!

Anonymous said...

EMily! I am so proud of you! Those are so beautiful and you are amazing! Its fun to see you blossoming in your career choice. You will be a pro when you get done there. And you have Lauren's expertice too! You are one lucky girl. Love you tons!

The Abegglens said...

Hey I just found your blog. I'm adding you to mine if that's ok.. I like your flower arrangements. That's great you got the internship after all. I remember you telling me something about. I think it was at the drive through at millhollow. Haha

Denise said...

Emily! What a great experience. It sounds like a dream of a job! I hope that life is good for, you are beautiful! Hope to see you sometime this summer.

amber said...

Hey how did you get your internship. Ive wanted to do that internship for awhile i just don't know how to go about it. Any info would be awesome. And im also from Utah if thats the BYU you went too.
-amber-