Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Wedding

So.....Big news, I got married! My husband and I were married in the Idaho Falls Temple on July 30, 2009 and I had the pleasure (if you can call it that) of doing my own flowers for my wedding. It was a a great experience and I sure did learn a lot....one thing being that it is very difficult to be the bride and the floral designer at the same time, but it can be done. Luckily, I had my sister (who received a degree in horticulture) to do the work with my.

My colors were Tiffany Blue and Cantaloupe aka orange :) I used a wide variety of my favorite flowers consisting of Orchids, Calla Lilies, Tulips, Hydrangea, Roses, and Freesia to name only a few with greens such as green Hypericum berries and Scented Geranium leaves. I have to say everything turned out just the way I wanted it to!
Although this blog is about designing real flowers I had to include a picture of my beautiful cakes! The flowers on the first aren't real but it sure was a stunning cake!

Ren's very talented Aunt made out other cake for us...I topped it with a small cake topper and a few orchids and it sat on top of the biggest hit of the night...our cake table courtesy of Cindy Guthrie :) And the cake topper was done by my talented sister!
For the bouts I wanted something simple. Just a small hand wrapped bout to go right on the lapel. It consisted of orange orchids, hypericum berry and snake grass.
My centerpieces had to be one of my favorite things. We had some tall and some short,they were cute roundy moundys with curly willow coming out the top, that sat on top of beautiful tall square vases full of oranges! Thanks Lauren, you did such a greta job!
Another angle of the centerpieces!

And lastly....my absolute most favorite part of my wedding flowers....my bouquet. It was all I wanted it to be. It consisted of tulips, hydragea, callas, roses, hypericum berry and freesia. I collared it with scented geranium foliage that finished it off beautifully!

Overall....although it was stressful but things turned out perfect and I will always look back on my wedding day with a smile.

Thanks again to my wonderful Sister who in reality made everything possible. In reality, I don't know if I would have had flowers without her! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo... so pretty! I loved your wedding too :) Thanks for posting about it. What a fun memory for all of us and Lauren and you did to AWESOME on the flowers!

Breeana said...

Oh wow, Emily! That's so neat that you did your own flowers - they're GORGEOUS. Cute blog - I'll keep you in mind for when I ever need a florist. :)